Frequently Asked Questions
Can I create my own unique username?
Absolutely! Create your own unique username (it will be in the form of an email address) and submit for availability. If your chosen username is available, it is instantly yours once you complete the registration process. If not, you can try a different unique username until you find one that is available.
What is an @currently.com email account?
The @currently.com email addresses are free email accounts provided by AT&T which can be accessed at www.currently.com.
How do I create an @currently.com email account?
Go to www.currently.com/signup and follow the prompts to select your new email address and set it up.
How do I access my @currently.com email address?
Via Currently, from AT&T – Go to www.currently.com on your desktop or mobile browser and click on ‘Sign in’ in the top right corner. Enter your email address and password and click ‘continue’.
Via Email App on your mobile device – Configure your mail application using the following steps:
- On Android, go to the Email app ➞ Email Settings ➞ Add Account ➞ select Yahoo!
- On iOS, go to Settings ➞ Passwords & Accounts ➞ Add Account ➞ select Yahoo!
What’s the difference between an @att.net and @currently.com email address?
- The @att.net email address can be used by customers with AT&T services (like High Speed Internet, DIRECTV and U-verse TV) and also for users who don’t have AT&T service but want a free email account.
- The @currently.com email address is for people who want a free email address, but don’t have any AT&T services. It's great for first time email account holders, those who have recently changed their name, or anyone simply in need of an email address.
Why does my computer keep signing me out of my @currently.com account?
If you checked the “Keep me signed in” box but your computer still signs you out, try clearing your browser cookies and check the box again to reset it. You can find more information and tips on this here: https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1010539/.
Who is eligible for an @currently.com email address?
- @currently.com email addresses are available to anyone 18 or older.
- Children under 18 must be signed up by a parent or legal guardian.
What is the relationship between www.currently.com and AT&T?
AT&T provides the ‘Currently, from AT&T’ portal featuring breaking news, entertainment, finance, sports, and more at www.currently.com (formerly www.att.net).
How many @currently.com email addresses can I have?
You may have as many as you wish. Also, keep in mind that to protect against fraud, users can only create one email address every 15 minutes.
Are @currently.com emails safe to use?
Yes, each @currently.com email account is part of the AT&T email family and is protected by AT&T’s security practices.
What is the storage capability of an @currently.com email address?
@currently.com email offers up to 1TB of storage for each mailbox.
If you have additional questions, please visit our forum For additional information.